Richmond Family Law and Criminal Defense Lawyer:
Marc A. Boyko, Esquire is a resident of Richmond, Virginia. He graduated cum laude with an economics degree from Rollins College and obtained his juris doctor from T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, where he graduated magna cum laude and was a member of the Journal of Law and the Public Interest. While in law school, he interned with the Commonwealth’s Attorney in Petersburg and in Chesterfield.
Marc has represented clients in a variety of areas, with specific emphasis on criminal defense and family law, and litigated in courts across the Commonwealth of Virginia—including Henrico, Chesterfield, Richmond, Hanover, Powhatan, Louisa, Petersburg and Caroline Counties.
Marc is an active member of the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Virginia Bar Association, and the Chesterfield County Bar Association. He has successfully represented many clients faced with serious criminal charges, including DUI, drug possession and distribution, violent felonies, larceny and assault and battery. He has also successfully represented clients in complex family law matters, including divorce, support, protective orders, and complex child custody and visitation cases.
Marc A. Boyko prides himself on being a successful, prepared and passionate trial lawyer. He cares deeply about each of his clients; for this reason, he is dedicated to maintaining close contact with each client. Marc’s compassion also leads him to give back to the community—he is currently a proud and active member of the Rotary Club of Richmond.
Additional information about Marc A. Boyko:
- 2008-present: Virginia State Bar
- 2011-present: Eastern District of Virginia, Federal District Court
- 2008-present: Chesterfield County Bar Association
- 2011-present: Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- 2014-present: Henrico County Bar Association
- 2014: Virginia Business “Legal Elite” Selection for Criminal Defense
- 2015: Virginia Business “Legal Elite” Selection for Lawyers under 40
- 2011-present: Certified by the Virginia Indigent Defense Commission
- 2013-present: Superlawyers, Rising Star Selection
- 2008-present: Over 75 hours each year of pro bono legal consultations
- 2016: Wills for Heroes volunteer
- 2002-2005: Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, Member; Community Service Chair (2003)
- 2011-present: Rotary Club of Richmond, Member
- 2011-present: Rotary Club of Richmond, Meals on Wheels Participant
- 2014-2016: Rotary Club of Richmond, Board Member
Speaker, Continuing Legal Education Instructor
- April 2011: Speaker, NBI, “Litigating the Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claim”