Free Initial Consultations
At BoykoNapier, whether in person or via phone, initial consultations are free. During this consultation, one of our experienced attorneys will go over your circumstances in detail and help to determine your best legal options. Fees and costs are analyzed on a case-by-case basis.
These cases are typically done on a retainer basis; the retainer amount depends on the complexity of your case. In some cases, payment plan options are available, while others (such as No-Fault divorces) can be handled for a flat fee.
- Uncontested Divorce (No-Fault)
- Separation and Property Settlement Agreements (PSA)
- Spousal Support / Alimony
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Contested Divorce
- Premarital and Postmarital Agreements
- Protective Orders
These cases are done on a retainer basis in conjunction with a payment plan, or on a flat fee basis, depending on the nature of the charges.
- DUI/DWI, Driving Under the Influence
- Drug Possession and Drug Distribution
- Assault and Battery
- Larceny and Embezzlement
- Reckless Driving
- Additional Traffic Violations
- Violent Crimes
- Credit Card Fraud, Check Fraud and related offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Gun/Firearm Crimes
Cases are usually done on a “contingency-fee” basis, meaning that you only pay if we are able to get a monetary award on your behalf.
- Our fee is 33% of the amount recovered for cases that are resolved before litigation is commenced (i.e. pre-filing)
- Our fee is 40% of the amount recovered for cases that are resolved after litigation commences (i.e. post-filing)
Court Costs – Depending on what type of case you have, you may be responsible for certain court costs. For example, if we are representing you in a divorce, there may be a filing fee (usually $84.00 or $86.00); if you have traffic or criminal charges and are found guilty of any such charges, there are frequently fines and court costs that are imposed.
Firm Expenses, for example:
- Service fees: fees for serving certain documents (i.e. witness subpoena); your attorney can discuss with you the relative cost of these fees
- Expert witness fees: most expert witnesses will charge a fee for their services. Your attorney will discuss these fees with you.
We offer discounts to Active Duty Military Personnel, Local and Federal Law Enforcement (including Firefighters and Emergency Response Personnel), and full-time Public School Teachers and Bus Drivers. Call and speak with an attorney to discuss your eligibility for a discount.
If you are in need of legal advice, please contact a family law or criminal defense attorney at BoykoNapier at (804) 658-3418 or by email