If you have been charged with a traffic infraction or serious traffic-related crime, it is important to speak with an experienced traffic defense attorney about your case. Skilled defense attorneys can often make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Our attorneys represent clients throughout Central Virginia, including Richmond, Henrico, Hanover and Chesterfield.
Richmond Traffic Defense Attorneys
Virginia Traffic Violations:
- Failure to yield
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Driving without a Valid License
- Hit and Run
- Improper Lane Change
- Improper Turn
- Disobeying a Highway Sign
- Defective Equipment
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- DUI/DWI (Driving Under the Influence) – see our separate page on DUI cases here
- Reckless Driving: see our separate page on reckless cases here
- Other – our attorneys represent clients on all manner of traffic infractions
License Suspensions in Virginia
Why Would My Driver’s License Be Suspended?
As you may know, your driver’s license can be suspended for a variety of reasons. Here are some common examples:
- Criminal Convictions – some criminal convictions (including, for example, possession of marijuana) impose license suspensions as part of the punishment
- Deferred Judgment – some deferred judgments require a period of license suspension (i.e. domestic assault & battery)
- Traffic Violations – some traffic violations require a period of license suspension (i.e. driving on a suspended license)
- Failure to Pay Fines and Costs – under certain circumstances
- Failure to Pay Child Support – under certain circumstances
- Too Many Points on Your License – D.M.V. may suspend your license if you get too many traffic convictions within a certain period of time
Can I Get a Restricted License?
You may be entitled to a restricted license to drive to work, school, medical appointments, visitation with your children, or some other limited circumstances. It would be wise to speak with an experienced traffic defense attorney to discuss your options in reference to a restricted license.
If you have a traffic violation or driver’s license issue, contact a skilled Virginia Traffic Defense Attorney at BoykoNapier. We offer free initial consultations and can be reached at (804) 658-3418 or via email.